Governance Conference 2022 will be March 6–9 in New Orleans, LA, at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans.
Governance Conference allows pool governing body members and senior management to problem-solve and collaborate in a pool-focused environment. Educational sessions are offered in learning paths for governance, leadership and hot topics in pooling.
Review the full conference schedule, including keynote presentations, concurrent sessions and networking opportunities, and download the conference app to your mobile device.
Cancellations received before Feb. 20, 2022 will be assessed a $100 administrative fee. Because AGRiP pays venue and related event expenses based upon projected attendance, refunds will not be given for cancellations received after Feb. 20, 2022 or for no-shows. Review our conference policies for full details.
Two keynotes and more than 30 concurrent sessions will focus on governance, leadership and hot topics in pooling. Keynotes are:
- Pandemic Flux Syndrome (9:30 a.m. -10:45 a.m., Monday, March 7)
- Understanding Digital Transformation and its Impact for Pools (9:30 a.m. -10:45 a.m., Tuesday, March 8)
Two optional sessions help people new to pooling learn about our industry and organization. Sessions are:
- Pooling Basics Class (10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Sunday, March 6) is for people new to public entity pooling. Attendees explore how our dynamic industry varies from the private insurance industry; how pools were formed to meet members' needs; and gain an understanding of pooling operations, governance, finance and best practices. Class includes beverages, lunch and snacks.
- First-Time Attendees Breakfast (8 - 9 a.m., Monday, March 7) is a chance for newcomers to join other newcomers and the AGRiP Board of Directors for a brief orientation to AGRiP services and activities, as well as to the conference. This conversational breakfast will be useful to pool attendees, QEI Patrons, and Partners.
Two pre-conference tours are available. Registration is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. Tours are:
- World War II Museum (10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Sunday, March 6)
- Louisiana Swamp Boat Adventure (10:40 a.m. - 3 p.m., Sunday, March 6)
The room block at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans will open concurrently with event registration. Room rates start at $259 per night (plus tax and service fees) and will be available first-come, first served until Feb. 4, 2022. Registrants will receive information to make hotel reservations upon completion of their conference registration.
New Orleans COVID-19 protocols require proof of vaccination or a negative test to participate in conference events, dine in restaurants, enter entertainment venues and more. These protocols are anticipated to remain in effect through AGRiP’s conference and all attendees should prepare accordingly.