Capt. “Sully” Sullenberger will deliver the keynote address at AGRiP’s Governance Conference 2020 in Orlando, FL.
One of the most captivating American heroes of our time, Capt. Sullenberger’s preparation and leadership enabled him to safely guide US Airways Flight 1549 to an emergency landing in New York City’s frigid Hudson River on Jan. 15, 2009.
Capt. Sullenberger’s keynote will underscore the importance of preparing for any situation through lifelong learning, risk management and innovation.
AGRiP’s Governance Conference brings together top pooling executives, governing body members and senior management to problem-solve and collaborate on shared industry challenges.
This year’s Governance Conference will be in Orlando, FL, from March 1 to 4 at the Hyatt Regency Orlando.
Attendees will choose from a range of educational sessions grouped into three learning paths. A selection of sessions appears below.
In addition, Capt. “Sully” Sullenberger will deliver a keynote address on the importance of preparing for any situation through lifelong learning, specialized risk management and innovation.
AGRiP’s 2020 Succession Planning Resident, Steve Trautman, will deliver another keynote to kick off his work with member pools.
The conference will also feature:
- Rapid-fire presentation/conversation sessions on emerging pooling topics
- Moderated roundtables for discussion, idea-sharing and problem-solving on issues shaping workers’ compensation, property and liability coverage, and employee benefits
- AGRiP Orientation, a series of brief sessions to introduce key AGRiP services to newcomers or those who want a refresher on all AGRiP has to offer
- Optional educational activities including Pooling Basics, a pooling simulation game called $ource Game, and the First-Time Attendees Breakfast.
- A later daily start time to give attendees an opportunity for a morning walk or to catch up on email before the conference gets going
- An optional pre-conference tour of the Kennedy Space Center
- A Welcome Reception on Sunday evening highlighting local and Caribbean flavors and up-tempo music by the energetic Son2 Latin Music duo
- A casual Tuesday night “campfire chat” featuring s’mores and a cash bar
The AGRiP room block at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, located at 9801 International Drive in Orlando, is sold out. Rooms were available on a first-come, first-served basis until sold out or the cutoff date of February 7, whichever came first.
After you register for the conference, you will get additional information to make reservations at nearby hotels, including Rosen Plaza Hotel, Hilton Orlando, Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, and Hyatt Place Across from Universal Orlando Resort, which range in distance from the conference hotel from 0.3-4.4 miles.
AGRiP never solicits hotel reservations directly via email or phone calls, and we do not employ third-party housing services. If you receive any outreach regarding hotel reservations other than the link provided in response to your conference registration, it is a scam and you should not respond.
OPTIONAL EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES
Conference attendees will have the option to sign up for any of these free sessions as part of the registration process:
- First-Time Attendees Breakfast: Join AGRiP for a brief orientation to the conference. Meet other newcomers and the AGRiP Board of Directors. Learn how to make the most of your AGRiP membership and your time at the conference. This conversational breakfast forum will be useful to everyone from pool attendees to QEI Patrons and Partners. (8 to 8:30 a.m. on Monday, March 2)
- Pooling Basics: Developed by pooling professionals, this popular pre-conference program helps those newer to pooling get grounded in the essentials from pool structure and governance to actuarial reviews, underwriting and more. Content is appropriate for governing body members and for other pool, QEI Patron or Partner attendees. Lunch and snacks will be provided. (11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday, March 1)
- $ource Game: In this simulation game, participants are challenged to make management decisions for a fictitious public entity pool. This game is a great opportunity for staff, board members or service providers to get more hands-on insight into public entity pooling. New decision-making parameters mean this year is a great time to participate in the game again. Participants should attend all four sessions. $ource Game is produced by CEO-level QEI Patron Willis Towers Watson. (2 to 2:30 p.m., Monday, February 10 - Introduction and First Round of Decisions; 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. and 4 to 4:30 p.m. on Monday, March 2; 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. and 4:30 to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 3)
PRE-CONFERENCE TOUR: KENNEDY SPACE CENTER
Take a pre-conference tour of the Kennedy Space Center for only $75 per person. This price includes transportation and admission.
At least 23 people must register in order for the tour to take place. However, participation is limited to 70 and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you use a wheelchair or a mobility device, please contact AGRiP after you register to ensure appropriate transportation accommodations.
Tour Agenda (Sunday, March 1)
- 10:45 a.m.: Meet to board motorcoach
- 11 a.m.: Depart for Kennedy Space Center
- Noon: Arrive at Kennedy Space Center
- 3:45 p.m.: Depart Kennedy Space Center
- 5 p.m.: Arrive at hotel
Sign up for the tour during conference registration, and plan now for what you’d like to see.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES
Registration received before 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 9, is $770 for AGRiP members and $1,095 for non-members. After that, a $100 late registration fee will be applied.
Guest registration allows friends or family members to attend meal functions with an AGRiP member attendee. Guest registration is not allowed for business colleagues who are otherwise eligible to attend the conference. All guests must be registered to attend meals. Guests are not eligible to participate in educational programming.
- Full Guest (all meals) $450
- Sunday Welcome Reception only $135
- Monday breakfast and lunch only $130
- Tuesday breakfast and lunch only $130
- All breakfasts (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) $195
For registration cancellation and substitution information, visit AGRiP’s Conference Registration Policies.
Back to Top