Summary: Cities and Villages Mutual Insurance Company (CVMIC) is seeking to fill the position of Safety & Risk Management Specialist.
Job Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Salary: $69,200.00 to $103,900.00 annually
Opening Date: 01/01/20
Closing Date: 01/24/20, 4:30 PM
Under the direction of the Director of Loss Control, this position performs risk management, loss control, and safety-related services at assigned member facilities. Responsibilities include the development, review, and modification of programs, policies and procedures for members; development and presentation of training programs; liaison to member safety committees; serves as an in-house consultant on safety and loss control matters. Position requires up to 75% travel with frequent overnight stays (In-state travel usually consists of "day-trips" approximately 1 - 2 hours from the home office with company car).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides onsite consulting and assessment services to members on liability, worker's compensation, risk management, safety, compliance practices and regulatory matters.
- Develops written materials including reports, letters, policies, procedures, newsletter articles, position papers, etc.
- Identifies, plans, develops and presents training programs.
- Provides training in higher level supervisory and management areas such as leadership.
- Manages and assists with the development of data management systems such as Service Tracker or the Risk Assessment.
- Develops Distance Learning content and fosters methods of outreach to members including YouTube Videos and social media.
- Conducts internal staff training per request (example: Customer Service).
- Assists in facilitating membership-wide service offerings (i.e. MSDS online system).
- Facilitates member user group meetings to identify issues, trends and offer information sharing (member best practices).
- Investigates workplace incidents that occur within the membership.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts research on regulatory, legal, risk management issues and concerns.
- Enhance skills in technology to assist the organization in service enhancement.
Education and/or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (BS) in Business Administration, Risk Management or Safety or equivalent; three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques of risk management.
- Knowledge of the requirements, laws, and duties of public entities in the State of Wisconsin.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of loss control and safety.
- Knowledge of computer software including presentation software, database management, word processing and other related areas.
- Ability to develop, present, and/or facilitate effective training programs with confidence.
- Ability to plan and coordinate activities to meet work objectives and goals.
- Ability to effectively interact and serve others both within and outside the organization.
- Ability to conduct oneself professionally, timely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to generate thoughts and ideas while working independently or on a team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage various work tasks and projects under ambitious timelines.
- Ability to stay organized and punctual for internal meetings and member engagements.
- Ability to operate a computer and understand/learn various computer software programs.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a management team.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to research, find, and communicate answers to complex questions posed both internally and externally by members.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, supervisors, managers, or elected officials.
Certificates, License, Registrations
Maintain valid driver's license for duration of employment. Certifications in safety, loss control and risk management desirable
For more, view the full job description.
To apply, visit the job application page or email HR Manager/EPL Team Lead Jean Cole.