Washington Cities Insurance Authority (WCIA) is a municipal organization of cities, towns and interlocal entities in Washington State that join together for the purpose of providing liability protection to its member entities. WCIA provides members with comprehensive liability coverage, such as auto, general, police, public officials and errors & omissions, and property coverage. WCIA also provides risk management services to reduce the amount and frequency of member losses and to decrease the cost incurred by members in the handling and litigation of claims.
Position Salary Range: $88,134 - $132,202
Closing Date: Friday, March 24th or until filled
Position Summary: Investigate, adjust, and resolve property and casualty claims and lawsuits as well as monitor the outside adjustment of other loss types. This senior level position assumes the resolution of litigated claims with coverage issues, multiple parties, and moderate to high damage exposures. This job requires the incumbent to be a resident of the State of Washington and keep occasional office hours in Tukwila, WA. Limited day and overnight travel is also required.
This position involves municipal government liability exposures for general liability, auto liability, police practices, employment liability, land use liability, and some first party auto and property exposures. Job responsibilities include:
· Documenting claim files with notes, evaluations and decision making,
· Review of medical reports in preparation for claims settlement evaluation,
· Determination of claim value range and obtaining settlement authority,
· Ability to read, comprehend and analyze case law and apply to open files,
· Ability to review lawsuits and perform coverage analysis,
· Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office,
· Strong organization skills and the ability to work independently,
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
· Public speaking skills, presenting claims to a Board of Directors and occasionally training members in exposure based risk management and claims,
· BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience,
· 3-5 years experience handling insurance claims, including one year experience in litigation defense,
· Municipal claims handling experience preferred,
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Hours of Work: Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00 PM and as business needs dictate.
WCIA provides excellent health and retirement plans. Click the following link to apply: https://wcia.bamboohr.com/careers/24?source=aWQ9Mg%3D%3D