Summary: Public Risk Innovation, Solutions, and Management (PRISM) is searching for a Senior Liability Claims Specialist.
Closes: Open Until Filled
Location: Folsom, CA
About the Position
The Senior Liability Claims Specialist will, under the supervision of the Director of Liability Claims, maintain a case load of excess liability claims; assist PRISM members, staff, legal representatives, and associated personnel with the discovery and settlement of claims and lawsuits; report possible cases with potential above PRISM coverage to requisite carriers; update information concerning potential claims and maintain claims files; prepare correspondence; contact member agencies concerning claims status and information; and do related work as required.
The Senior Liability Claims Specialist will review and monitor excess claims for proper settlement within the member agency, PRISM, and excess carrier coverage levels; contact and discuss potential defenses and settlement strategies with member agency personnel, legal representatives, and claims representatives; contact and discuss claims with settlement specialists; attend and provide input for settlement conferences, defense counsel meetings, and court hearings on cases within the scope of PRISM coverage; review insurance policies for applicability of coverage on specific claims; review and recommend modification to claims reporting procedures to ensure best availability of information for all concerned parties; ensure that member agency personnel are in compliance with reporting requirements; present cases
and settlement recommendations to various committees; ensure proper reporting of claims to excess carriers above PRISM coverage levels; generate requisite reports from the claims data files; contact member agencies concerning the status of claims and information requirements; prepare correspondence related to claims assignments; and attend Board and Committee meetings as required. Up to 25% of travel may be required.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in directly related field or equivalent and five years increasingly responsible work in directly related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job, including but not limited to:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
• Experience working with a RMIS system (SIMS, iVOS, Valley Oaks, etc.)
• Ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to handle basic arithmetical calculations
• Ability to conduct research, analyze and interpret information
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and good public relations with other employees, agencies, members, and the public
• Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
• Knowledge of research and evaluation techniques
• Completion of specialized educational training and courses related to insurance claims adjusting, reporting, settlement, and management are highly desirable
• Public agency claims experience is highly desirable
• Ability to effective time management
Salary and Benefits
The hiring salary range for this position is $6,353 – $7,782 per month. A generous benefit package is provided including Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); a Section 125 Cafeteria Plan with coverage options including health, dental and vision; long-term disability and short-term disability insurance; life insurance; optional deferred compensation program; sick and vacation leaves and remote work schedules. As a PERS participant, EIA employees are exempt from paying Social Security except for the Medicare portion of the cost.
Interested persons must submit an application via the company website, www.prismrisk.gov. This position will remain open until filled.
View the full position description.