Summary: CSAC Excess Insurance Authority is seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst help design, develop, and implement a variety of reporting solutions for CSAC EIA.
Location: Folsom, CAPosted Date: 4/23/2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $6,353 to $9,212 per month
One of the CSAC EIA’s greatest assets is its staff. EIA employees are smart, creative, hard working, and passionate individuals working in areas ranging from loss prevention, claims administration, information technology, member services, accounting, and risk pool administration. Working here requires energy, commitment, and teamwork. At the same time, we offer a great work environment built upon our Core Values of People, Families, Trust, Integrity, and Growth. We are looking for an individual who shares these values to join the EIA team.
About CSAC Excess Insurance Authority
The EIA is a joint powers authority of California public entities, which was established in 1979 to provide insurance and risk management services to California’s counties. Since then, our membership has expanded beyond the counties to include numerous other public agencies such as cities, schools, joint powers authorities, fire districts, etc.
The EIA operates various risk-sharing pools, which provide insurance and risk management services to its members for lines of business including workers’ compensation, general liability, property, medical malpractice, and employee benefits.
About the Position
The Senior Business Systems Analyst position, working with the Data and Analytics, Actuarial, and Information Technology teams, will help design, develop, and implement a variety of reporting solutions for CSAC EIA. These reporting and analytic systems will improve information access throughout the organization, and provide improved information products to CSAC EIA membership. The Senior Analyst position will be involved in the integration of claims, exposure and membership data; development of dashboards, reports, benchmarking tools; creation of data driven applications for the business units; and special analysis projects.
The Senior Analyst position has the following primary responsibilities:
- Documenting current business processes and information requirements;
- Designing and developing new dashboards, reports and analytic applications;
- Integrating various data sources into accessible information products;
- Developing processes and procedures to verify, analyze, and reconcile data; and
- Automating existing reporting processes.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics and two to five years of progressive experience developing reports, data visualizations, and other information products. Experience in the insurance or risk management field is beneficial. We are looking for an individual with the following skills and abilities:
- Energetic self-starter with the capacity to independently manage responsibilities, tasks, and goals;
- Creative, and capable of looking at new and different approaches to solving problems and resolving issues;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical customers and staff.
- Good knowledge of SQL Server, SQL and T-SQL;
- Experience using reporting and data visualization software (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, SSRS, etc.);
- Experience with ETL tools and techniques;
- Familiarity with Python and/or R; and
- Experience in insurance, risk management, and/or claims management.
Physical requirements of this position typically include: reaching, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move. Some travel may be required.
A valid California Driver’s license is required. Proof of auto insurance with no exclusion for business use is required.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $6,353 to $9,212 per month. The full salary range for this position is listed to provide information on earning potential; the hiring salary is based on skills, knowledge, ability and experience. A generous benefit package is provided including Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) health benefits, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, PERS retirement, deferred compensation program, sick leave, vacation leave, section 125 cafeteria benefits and remote work options. EIA employees do not pay into Social Security except for the Medicare portion of the cost.
Interested persons must submit a resume and a completed application to the Human Resources Manager at CSAC Excess Insurance Authority. This position will remain open until filled. Please visit our website at www.csac-eia.org to obtain an application.