Summary: Texas Association of Counties (TAC)
Risk Management Services (RMS) department is seeking a highly qualified, team member for its Member Services Representative
Location: Austin, TXPosted Date: 4/8/2020
Texas Association of Counties (TAC) Risk Management Services (RMS) department is seeking a highly qualified, team member for its Member Services Representative position. Primary responsibility is to provide professional and timely customer service and support to RMS staff and TAC Risk Management Pool (TAC RMP) members. Coordinate member renewals and new business activities associated with all lines of coverage offered by TAC RMP. Responsible for maintaining accurate information related to each line of coverage. Coordinate with other TAC staff to deliver services to TAC RMP members, including marketing, accounting, claims and risk control.
The successful candidate will have proven themselves in the Human Resources industry and be able to demonstrate their experience. Experience or familiarity with county government, political subdivisions, and risk pools preferred.
The Member Services Representative will be expected to:
- Provide professional customer service to assigned TAC RMP members.
- Analyze, organize, and process underwriting information associated with all lines of coverage offered by the TAC RMP.
- Process TAC RMP member renewals and work with RMS marketing staff throughout the year.
- Ensure accurate member exposure data is maintained.
- Process coverage endorsements and certificates in the risk management information system (RMIS).
- Review bid specifications, analyze, and process requests for proposals to ensure accurate information is collected and ensure timely response and delivery.
- Review and process property appraisal drafts and member information.
- Ensure TAC RMP members’ coverage related documents are executed correctly and are saved electronically in the RMIS, shared file drive, and in TAC’s record retention system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s in Business Administration or related discipline preferred.
- A minimum of three years in commercial insurance or relevant work experience required.
- Associate in General Insurance (AINS), Associate in Commercial Underwriting (AU), Accredited Customer Service Representative (ACSR), or Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR) preferred.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to relate to persons with a variety of cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Position requires a high degree of professionalism in representing TAC in significant contacts with elected officials, members of state governmental offices, and members.
- Position requires excellent organizational skills, resourcefulness, be self-directed, and critical thinking.
- Must be proficient in use of personal computer and Microsoft Office.
- Must have or develop proficiency in TAC’s risk management information system.
- Must be proficient in using Excel
- Excellent time management and record keeping required.
- May be required to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- May be required to stand, bend, kneel, reach or squat occasionally for extended lengths of time.
- May be required to climb stairs or a ladder.
- May be required to lift or move boxes and designated TAC equipment, up to 25 pounds.
- May require minimal travel.
Please send cover letter, salary requirement and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.