Summary: Michigan County Road Commission Self-Insurance Pool
seeks an Assistant Administrator-Director of Finance
Posted Date: May 29, 2019Job Location: Lansing, MI
Click Here to Apply
Under the supervision of the Pool Administrator, the Assistant Administrator – Director of Finance & Administration assumes responsibility and accountability for the general operation of the Pool Administrative Office. This person will assist the Administrator with managing financial processing and reporting, data processing; office practices, personnel, procedures and payroll; member questions and services; and third party vendors and consultants. Acts as Board Treasurer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of office operations including processes and procedures, accounts payable and receivable, coordination of information systems.
- Manage and support office personnel.
- Oversight of all office communications.
- Oversight of our annual membership meeting arrangements.
- Oversight of all administrative projects.
- Oversight of all contracts and vendors.
- Prepare payroll and administer employee benefit programs.
- Assist with the maintenance and design of all accounting functions to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Produce financial reports and analysis as needed.
- Assist with the annual audit and preparation of the CAFR.
- Reconcile investment accounts.
- Oversight of the annual budget.
- Oversight of management information systems: computer software, computer hardware and networking.
- Coordinate member services and information with our third-party administrators.
- Attend Board meetings in various locations around the state of Michigan.
- Assist the Administrator with all communication and record keeping for the Board of Directors.
- Communicate need for Administrator’s involvement on issues as they arise.
- Performs related or additional work as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Accounting or other related field or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- CPA designation is preferred.
- Management and public sector experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to analyze complex information.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and expedite projects.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experienced with Microsoft network operations.
- Able to travel overnight 7 – 10 times per year for meetings.