AGRiP Recognition honors pools adhering to a recommended level of professional standards and industry best practices. Approximately a quarter of AGRiP member pools have achieved AGRiP Recognition.
Whether applying for Recognition or not, all member pools can use the AGRiP Advisory Standards for Recognition to improve their governance, policies and procedures.
We congratulate the 10 member pools granted Recognition in 2021 so far:
- The Delaware Valley Trusts (DVT) offer comprehensive liability coverages as well as Heart and Lung Act liability coverage for participants with police departments. This year, the Trusts also offer “active shooter and malicious attack” property and liability coverage to all members.
- Government Entities Mutual Inc. (GEM) provides risk financing solutions to member pools across the United States. GEM is dedicated to helping members safeguard their long-term stability and protect their assets. Membership in GEM is available to risk pools or captive insurers comprised of public entities.
- The Montana Municipal Interlocal Authority (MMIA) has been supporting local communities since 1986. It offers affordable self-funded coverage for liability, property, workers’ compensation and employee benefits, as well as risk management services, to the incorporated cities and towns of Montana.
- The Municipal Insurance Association of British Columbia (MIABC) offers liability and property insurance to almost 90 percent of the province’s local governments.
- Public Risk Management of Florida (PRM) has served Florida governmental entities since 1987, providing insurance needs in the fields of workers’ compensation, liability, property and health. PRM also provides premier loss prevention services and state-of-the-art health education.
- SchoolCare was founded in 1995 as the New Hampshire School Health Care Coalition by bringing together associations representing public entity management and labor groups in the state. It ensures compliance with various federal and state requirements affecting public entity health plans.
- The South Dakota Public Assurance Alliance (SDPAA) helps protect over 400 South Dakota local governmental entities from liability and property loss exposures.
- The Southwest Washington Risk Management Insurance Cooperative (SWRMIC) serves 32 member school districts and related agencies to provide financial, loss control and claims services.
- The Texas Water Conservation Association Risk Management Fund (the Fund) was formed by Texas water districts and authorities to provide workers’ compensation, liability and property coverage programs to its members. In addition to self-insurance coverage, members receive risk management, legal and loss prevention services tailored to meet their needs.
- The Virginia Risk Sharing Association (VRSA) provides comprehensive risk management program support, human resources, communications, local government and law enforcement expertise and consulting, and more to members who contribute in excess of $53 million annually to the pool.
View the full list of pools with Recognition as of May 26, 2021.