Maricopa County Risk Management is seeking a workers’ compensation claims adjuster.
In this position, candidate will examine and evaluate workers’ compensation claims. Candidate will work with a team of risk management professionals, ensuring accurate assessments and administering risk services to the County.
Essential Job Tasks
The tasks listed are a representation and not an all-inclusive list of essential job tasks for this position.
- Investigates and evaluates claims to determine validity and compensability within a self-insured, self-administrated program
- Conducts 3-point contact with claimant, medical provider, and department supervisor within 24 hours of receipt of claims
- Establishes ultimate reserves and authorizes payments within reserving authority limits
- Communicates, organizes, and coordinates training with County employees, supervisors, and department managers concerning claims as necessary
- Maintains well-documented action plans on each file to reduce the overall cost of the claim
- Adheres to all Department and State of Arizona guidelines for the handling of claims within a self-insured, self-administrated program
- Studies current court decisions, trends, and developments relative to claims resolutions
For more information, see the recruitment brochure.
To apply for this position, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/maricopa
Open until March 17.#Jobs