The Utah Risk Management Agency (URMA)
is seeking an experienced Senior Risk Analyst – Risk Manager
to provide complex risk management support.
Posted: 11/5/20Closes: 11/15/20
The Utah Risk Management Agency (URMA) is seeking an experienced Senior Risk Analyst – Risk Manager to provide complex risk management support. This is an exempt, at-will position reporting to the Executive Director. Must submit application, cover letter and resume. Position is open until filled. First review of applications will be November 15, 2020.
Provides a wide range of risk management support to URMA and its individual members. Manages the Risk Management Information System (RIMS), conducts risk management related research and analysis, performs risk assessment(s) and analysis, prepares risk reports, identifies risk trends and recommends mitigation strategies, reviews and recommends insurance coverage related provisions, consults with members regarding risk issues.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the Risk Management Information System (RMIS).
- Conducts research and uses data to provide analysis of specific risk exposures.
- Identifies risk management related trends.
- Conducts risk assessments.
- Provides support in identifying risks, exposures, and potential mitigation strategies.
- Provides support related cost recovery and subrogation for member claims.
- Researches trending risk management and insurance industry issues.
- Provides training information to members regarding risk management related issues.
- Provide risk analysis services.
- Distributes risk management related industry information.
- Conducts risk review of contracts (liability, indemnification, and insurance provisions).
- Analyzes current insurance policies to ensure appropriate coverage levels.
- Analyzes complex financial, legislative, insurance and risk related information and makes recommendations.
- Analyzes industry and member loss data in support of loss control support and education.
- Provides various risk management related reports to members.
- Analyzes programmatic practices, policies, and procedures, makes risk reduction recommendations.
- Works with the agency staff to envision and implement organizational improvements.
- Actively supports member and agency staff.
- Maintains an effective working relationships with members and URMA staff.
- Promotes agency to current members and prospective members.
- Assists agency members with legal and risk management matters.
- Articulates the positions of the agency to others.
- Makes presentations and represents the agency as directed.
- Operates a wide variety of modern office equipment.
- Attends evening and weekend meetings or events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in public/business management or closely related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in risk management, risk analysis and insurance and claims management.
- One of the following industry certifications (CRM, ARM, RIMS-CRMP, ARM-P).
- Masters’ degree in relevant field of study.
- 10-15 years of relevant experience in risk management and analysis
- Experience in utilization of RMIS
- Additional industry certification (AIC, CPCU, CIC).
Must submit application, cover letter and resume. Position is open until filled. First review of applications will be November 15, 2020.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Negotiable within range.
Excellent Benefits Package:
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement program
Go to www.utahrisk.org to apply!