Summary: HealthTrust seeks an experienced, detail oriented and enthusiastic Benefits and Coverage Counsel.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: Concord, NH
seeks an experienced, detail oriented and enthusiastic Benefits and Coverage Counsel
. This position is responsible for providing consultation on legal and compliance matters related to a range of employee benefit plans (Medical, Dental, Short and Long Term Disability, and Life Coverage) and related services (HRA, HSA, FSA administration, and Wellness Programs) offered by an intergovernmental pooled risk management program operating pursuant to NH RSA 5-B and dedicated to serving its Member political subdivisions in New Hampshire. Ideal candidates will have working knowledge of employee benefit laws and experience advising health and welfare benefit plans, as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
HealthTrust’s mission is to provide high quality, cost-effective employee benefit products and services for public employers and employees in New Hampshire in order to reduce costs through pooling strategies with a commitment to education, health promotion and disease prevention. If your personal values align with HealthTrust’s mission and you’re seeking to be part of a creative, congenial and collaborative team, we would love to hear from you.
Key functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as the recognized benefits and coverage legal expert for HealthTrust.
- Provides legal consultation and guidance to the organization on complex projects and matters related to the provision of health coverage and other employee benefit products and services to HealthTrust Members. Analyzes legal issues and recommends approaches to compliance and risk mitigation associated with such issues taking into consideration the impact on HealthTrust’s operations, coverage lines and services.
- Ensures HealthTrust compliance with applicable employee benefit laws and regulations, including, without limitation, Affordable Care Act/Health Care Reform, COBRA, HIPAA, Public Health Service Act, GINA, Mental Health Parity, NH Retiree Coverage Law, NH RSA 5-B, Medicare Parts A, B and D and Secondary Payer Laws, IRS laws on FSAs, HRAs and HSAs.
- Drafts and updates all coverage program documents and certificates as well as all agreements with HealthTrust Member Groups for coverage and services
- Serves on HealthTrust’s HIPAA Review Team, together with the General Counsel and HIPAA Privacy Officer, to provide direction with the drafting, implementation and compliance of HealthTrust’s HIPAA policies, procedures and investigation of potential breaches
- Works closely with General Counsel on all legal issues facing the organization
- Works with the a dynamic team of colleagues to strategically plan for and implement new programs and services to improve the health and wellness of those covered through HealthTrust.
- Possession of a Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited institution, superior academic credentials, and a license to practice law in New Hampshire is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in private or governmental practice of law, or as part of an organizational legal team, with significant experience in legal advice and representation regarding employee benefit plans, particularly health plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the above referenced knowledge, abilities, and skills may be considered at the discretion of HealthTrust.
This position is classified as exempt. To apply, email a résumé with cover letter to: email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources Coordinator, HealthTrust, PO Box 617, Concord, NH 03302-0617.
In addition to competitive salaries, HealthTrust provides a family-friendly work environment and offers excellent benefits including health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; a defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation plan; flexible spending accounts; and an on-site fitness center.#Jobs