Summary: Public Risk Innovation, Solutions, and Management (PRISM) seeks a Risk Control Specialist to support the mission of the department which is to provide value added risk control/customer service by responding to member requests for assistance with a broad spectrum of health, safety and risk management related challenges.
Location: Folsom, CA
Salary: $4,894 to $5,873 per month
One of the PRISM’s greatest assets is its staff. PRISM employees are smart, creative, hardworking, and passionate individuals working in areas ranging from risk control, claims administration, information technology, accounting, and risk pool administration. Working here requires energy, commitment, and teamwork. We are looking for an individual who shares these values to join the PRISM team.About Public Risk Innovation, Solutions, and Management (PRISM)
PRISM is a joint powers authority of California public entities, which was established in 1979 to provide insurance and risk management services to California’s counties. Since then, our membership has expanded beyond the counties to include numerous other public agencies such as cities, schools, joint powers authorities, fire districts, etc.
PRISM operates various risk-sharing pools, which provide insurance and risk management services to its members for lines of business including workers’ compensation, general liability, property, medical malpractice, and employee benefits.About the Position
The Risk Control Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting the mission of the department which is to provide value added risk control/customer service by responding to member requests for assistance with a broad spectrum of health, safety and risk management related challenges.
- Serve as a liaison to PRISM service providers to maintain strong business partnerships and ensure effective service delivery
- Assists in the administration of the PRISM Injury and Illness Prevention Plan, Emergency Response Plan and related policies and procedures
- Creates best practices for controlling public entity risk
- Identifies training program opportunities. Develops and delivers training in various formats
- Reviews loss data, policies and procedures and site conditions for deficiencies and develops corrective actions
- Participates in conferences and business meetings
- Refers members to appropriate services offered by PRISM service providers
- Researches new product/service opportunities and makes recommendations to team leaders
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree directly in a related field or equivalent
- Two years increasingly responsible work in a directly related field
- Equivalent education and experience may be sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job, including but not limited to those above.
Physical requirements of this position typically include: reaching, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move.
A valid California Driver’s license is required. Proof of auto insurance with no exclusion for business use is required.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $4,894 to $5,873 per month. Salary is depended on experience and qualifications. A generous benefit package is provided including Public Employees Retirement (PERS) health benefits, dental, vision, long-term disability, short-term disability, life insurance, PERS retirement, deferred compensation program, sick leave, vacation leave and section 125 cafeteria benefits. EIA employees do not pay into Social Security except for the Medicare portion of the cost.
Interested persons must submit a resume and a completed application to the Human Resources Manager at PRISM. Please visit our website at www.csac-eia.org
to obtain the application.#Jobs