Summary: Are you all about public entity pooling and project management? Check out this great opportunity to help develop an exciting new AGRiP initiative, Pooling Academy.
Posted Date: September 30, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job Location: Dallas, TX (Frisco) Preferred – Will consider remote
About the Position:
Lexipol is looking for an organized self-starter and strong communicator with mid-level project management experience to support its work on the development and launch of AGRiP’s Pooling Academy.
As the Project Manager for Pooling Academy, you will work with a curriculum development team and subject matter experts to create the next generation educational tool for public entity pooling. In this position, you will define and set priorities for features and functions, assist in the creation of an actionable roadmap for content/curriculum development, and be responsible for executing on product strategy and delivering successful learning outcomes, as well as oversee and develop key customer success deliverables, including FAQ’s and How-To Guides. The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate the development of engaging, efficient, effective, and empowering training content to support the professional development of professional learners.
The Project Manager will work closely with project teams at Lexipol and AGRiP, curriculum design team, SMEs, customer success team, and our LMS technical team to develop functionality and content to achieve the project objectives established for Pooling Academy. Also, you will collaborate with marketing colleagues to plan and position Pooling Academy’s launch and promotion.
To be successful in this position, you must be highly motivated, able to multi-task, able to think big and execute, yet stay focused on the details. The ideal candidate has strong program management experience and excellent communication skills with team members in a variety of roles.
- Develop and execute a product roadmap to produce Pooling Academy
- Drive the Pooling Academy launch and training with key stakeholders and colleagues
- Ensure a user experience that is reliable and easy
- Work with partners and client staff to ensure delivery of project milestones
- Execute user testing including identifying key users, issue prioritization, and resolution efforts
- Complete analysis of quality by monitoring patterns and trends and use analysis findings to make improvement recommendations
- Develop weekly reports, summaries, and related project status updates for the client and associated partners
- Establish and conduct productive project meetings
- Document project steps, needs, and decisions
- Conduct product demo presentations and communicate directly with stakeholders to collect input
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by your direct manager
- Demonstrated conceptual strength and strategic thinking skills
- Possesses superior analytical abilities and judgment
- Ability to build strategic relationships cross-functionality, without direct reporting lines and at a variety of skill levels
- Can perform tasks with minimal direct supervision when provided with clear objectives and desired outcomes
- Proactively identifies needs, gaps, and project steps necessary to achieve goals
- Experience using analytics in evaluating and measuring program effectiveness and value
- Proven success in managing complex and multi-faceted programs with the ability to drive projects through completion, including managing internal and external stakeholders
- Successfully prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to present ideas (verbally and in writing) to various levels of an organization, including clients, and gain support for initiatives
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, and analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Effectively analyzes problems and reaches resolutions promptly
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Qualification and Experience:
- Three to five years of experience in product or project management role, or related position
- Solid technical background and experience working with Agile software development methodologies and remote development teams
- Formal project management certification or education is preferred
- Familiarity with web-based programming languages
- Previous experience with SaaS-based training solutions or LMS technology
- Excellent computer skills, with proven ability to learn new applications including JIRA, SFDC, and Wrike
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Basic understanding of G Suite
This is a full time position with a competitive salary and benefits, including paid-time-off, healthcare, dental and 401(k) match.
To apply for this position email your cover letter and resume to Amanda Champion - AChampion@lexipol.com
Lexipol is the nation’s leading content, policy and training platform for public safety and local government, enabling first responders and leaders to better protect their communities and reduce risk. With a library of 200,000 articles and reports, 16,000 policies and procedures, 3,700 training courses and a network of digital media communities including PoliceOne, FireRescue1, EMS1, CorrectionsOne and EfficientGov, we directly serve more than 7,500 public safety agencies and municipalities.
We offer our customers, partners and members, including nearly two million public safety professionals and local government leaders, the most comprehensive resource for policies, online training and grant assistance and the most up-to-date news and mission-critical information.
Our mission is to enhance the safety and effectiveness of the men and women who serve and protect our communities.
**Lexipol provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.