The AGRiP Fall Forum 2019 provides a unique opportunity to learn from and network with people who are just as dedicated to public entity pooling as you are. Where else can you step into a community of people who understand exactly what it is you do and why pooling exists?
The Fall Forum includes three learning paths with sessions on key aspects of pooling operations:
Keynote presentations will push you to:
- Enhance collaboration and address difficult situations through radical candor – i.e., the idea that you will be most effective in your role at your pool if you address tough issues directly.
- Embrace rebel talent and those in your organization who push the boundaries. Take a sneak peek at why “troublemakers” often bring a level of tension and conflict to conversations that actually strengthens organizational problem solving.
- Explore strategies for navigating complex, volatile or publicized risk management situations that arise when a public entity faces multiple, repeated, sensitive and costly claims that could disproportionately burden the whole pool. Three public entity pools will share how they created unique, member-driven processes, policies and guidelines to identify high-risk members, mitigate repeat claims and maintain overall pool health.
And because a key benefit of the Fall Forum is peer-to-peer collaboration and group discussion, both formal and informal networking time has been built into the schedule. This includes the return of Power of Pooling Roundtables, which are dedicated to shared challenges like reinsurance renewals and alternatives, financial benchmarking and workers’ compensation presumptions.
Other networking opportunities include:
- Pool and QEI Member Appreciation Reception, where you can catch up with your pooling peers and the service partners who are dedicated to our AGRiP pooling community.
- First-Time Attendees Breakfast, a terrific way to kick off a full day of learning and collaboration. Network with other newcomers and the AGRiP Board of Directors, and learn how to make the most of your AGRiP membership and your time at the Fall Forum.
- Pooling Basics, the perfect opportunity for those newer to public entity pooling to gather and learn how our dynamic industry differs from private insurance and how pools were formed to meet the needs of members.