Summary: Ashton Tiffany is seeking a Deputy Director of Claims
. This position is responsible for providing strategic and technical claims leadership for multi-lines pools and claims staff with an emphasis on quality of service and regulatory compliance.
Posted Date: June 14, 2019Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
Ashton Tiffany, LLC, has been making risk management fun (seriously) since 1995. For 20 years and counting, we’ve helped our clients reduce risk—and reduce the cost of it. Our specialty areas include insurance pool administration, self-insurance services, and outsourced risk management programs.
That’s what we do, but the how is just as important to us. We’re committed to active listening, rigorous fundamentals, innovative thinking, and – unusually, in this business – having a good time at work.
Ashton Tiffany has approximately 95 employees in its central Phoenix office. We were named one of Phoenix’s best places to work by the Business Journal for the past eleven years, and one of AZ Central’s Top Companies to Work For in Arizona in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
Our company is driven by four core values: a fun and professional culture, operational excellence, financial strength, and an outstanding reputation.
That’s FOFO to us.
We are seeking a Deputy Director of Claims to join our team.
This position is responsible for providing strategic and technical claims leadership for multi-lines pools and claims staff with an emphasis on quality of service and regulatory compliance.
- Direct, supervise, and evaluate the activity and performance of claims staff in conjunction with the claims director
- Lead by example with an expectation for continuous quality improvement in claims adjudication, claims operations, and client services
- Gain proficiency and mastery as a super-user of the risk management information services platform
- Run reports, compile, and communicate with adjusting staff on monthly best practices compliance audits
- Work with members to resolve problems and complaints
- Assist in the development and implementation of short and long term objectives consistent with company and pool member business goals, action plans, and best practices
- Analyze claims related data and make recommendations to senior leadership based on findings
- Work with leadership team and staff to identify and resolve the most complex issues and problems impacting claims adjudications and department operations
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors for products and/or services; monitor and evaluate quality and/or performance
- Manage and measure performance of third-party affiliates
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate emerging trends, significant legal developments, and legislative changes that may impact claim operations
- Grant reserve and settlement authority on cases exceeding supervisor authority and ensure consistent execution of established best practices and quality outcomes
- Provide coaching and training of supervisors, as well as directly supervised staff, to develop and apply technical proficiency, client service excellence, and professional development
- Assess and lead career development opportunities to meet company and individual goals and ensure long-term success
- Monitor and track compliance with reinsurance reporting and Industrial Commission of Arizona special fund requests
- Audit reports and ensure accuracy and timely submission of CMS Medicare query and claim file import/exports
- Facilitate scheduling of member annual claim reviews and preparation of meeting materials Monitor and/or approve referrals to third party vendors and quality of vendor management, including SIU, nurse case management, and legal defense
Here’s what we need to see in you:
- 8 + years multi-lines experience (workers’ comp experience highly preferred) in a leadership role
- Strong communication skills with the ability to positively influence others
- Effective interpersonal skills – verbal and written
- Strong technical acumen with emphasis on process improvement
- Operations, project, and program management
Here’s what we’re bringing to the table:
- competitive pay
- 100% company-paid medical and dental benefits (50% dependent coverage!)
- health savings account (HSA) plan with generous company contribution
- 401(k) plan with company match
- company-sponsored life insurance policy
- tuition and professional development reimbursement
- generous paid time off
- charity events
- team building events
- a killer company social calendar
- an award-winning culture and work environment
- FOFO up to the rafters, and perhaps most important,
- great people who believe in what we do and what we’re all about
Learn more and apply here: https://jobs.ashtontiffany.com/