1. Register for the Conference
All speakers must complete online registration.
If you are not an AGRiP member eligible to register or if you do not plan to stay for the conference event, please contact us for special arrangements.
The deadline to register for the conference, without a late fee, is February 11, 2018. Once you complete your online registration, you will be provided information for hotel lodging.
AGRiP typically does not compensate speakers who are AGRiP members, nor waive conference registration fees.
2. Collaborate for a Successful Presentation
Presenting at an AGRiP conference is highly collaborative.
AGRiP staff reviews all content – even from our most experienced presenters – to ensure your session will resonate with the unique needs of public pooling officials and staff. AGRiP staff will provide directional suggestions and relevant examples that will connect to attendees and other conference content, thereby enhancing your presentation.
3. Be Mindful of These Deadlines
- January 5, 2018: Deadline for the final title of your session, session description (150 words), speaker’s name, speaker’s title and organization, speaker’s biography (150 words), headshot (jpg).
- January 26, 2018: First draft of presentation materials due.
- February 9, 2018: Deadline for hotel reservations within the AGRiP lodging block.
- February 11, 2018: Deadline for conference registration without late fee.
- February 15, 2018: Final presentation materials due by email to us.
4. Know What to Expect
The conference program is tightly scheduled, with 15 minutes between each presentation. To ensure that sessions stay on schedule, and out of respect for other presenters, we ask that speakers start their sessions and end their sessions on time.
Breakout or concurrent session rooms will be set up with the following equipment:
- Screen and projector
- Podium microphone
- Lavalier microphone
- Sound system
- Computer hookups
5. Bring Your Laptop
Plan to bring your own laptop to use during the presentaiton, and be prepared to connect to the projector. Our 15-minute breaks are scheduled between sessions. We have found this to be adequate time for presenters to get set up. If you encounter difficulties during set up, we can assist.
6. Connect with AGRiP Members
The Governance & Leadership Conference brings together pool Board of Directors, executive and management staff, and new staff learning about public entity governance, operations, and other topics. The program draws approximately 750 attendees, representing pooling organizations of various size and staffing structures, operating under different regulations and in widely disparate competitive environments.
Although AGRiP member pools share common mission, membership, and basic organizational functions, there is less commonality in terms of organizational structure and local environmental factors.
Be sure to visit all speaker resource links to ensure success.
7. Paperless Conference & Phone App
All AGRiP conferences are paperless. We use an app to provide the conference agenda, speaker information and handouts to attendees. The app will be available in the Google Play Store or iPhone App Store by searching “AGRiP Spring18.”