1. Register for the Conference
Online registration is now open for the 2018 Fall Educational Forum in Portland, Ore., from Sept. 30-Oct. 3 at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront.
All AGRiP pool members and any QEI Patrons who are speaking must complete online registration. The deadline to register for the conference, without a $100 late fee, is Sept. 9, 2018. Once you complete your online registration, you will be provided information for hotel lodging. AGRiP typically does not compensate speakers who are AGRiP members, nor waive conference registration fees.
If you are not an AGRiP member or a QEI Patron, and you do not plan to stay for the conference, contact us for special arrangements.
Information about travel, ground transport, things to do Portland, and more, will be posted as soon as available.
2. Collaborate for a Successful Presentation
Presenting at an AGRiP conference is highly collaborative.
AGRiP staff reviews all content – even from our most experienced presenters – to ensure sessions resonate with the unique needs of public pooling officials and staff. AGRiP staff provides directional suggestions and relevant examples to help you connect to attendees and other conference content.
3. Be Mindful of Deadlines
- June 29, 2018: Deadline for the final title of your session, session description (150 words), speaker’s name, speaker’s title and organization, speaker’s biography (150 words), headshot (jpg).
- July 16, 2018: First draft of presentation materials due.
- Aug. 31, 2018: Deadline for hotel reservations within the AGRiP lodging block.
- Sept. 1, 2018: Final presentation materials due by email to us.
- Sept. 9, 2018: Deadline for conference registration without late fee.
4. Know What to Expect
The conference program is tightly scheduled to deliver the maximum content to members. To ensure that sessions stay on schedule, and out of respect for other presenters, we ask that speakers start and end their sessions on time. Please be prepared to introduce yourself at the start of your session.
Breakout or concurrent session rooms will be set up with the following equipment:
- Laptop (loaded with all presentations)
- Screen and projector
- Podium microphone
- Lavalier microphone
- Sound system
- Clicker to advance slides
5. Connect with AGRiP Members
The 2018 Fall Education Forum will bring together pool staff interested in learning claims and litigation, marketing and member services, and reinsurance and capital management. The program draws about 450 attendees, representing pooling organizations of various size and staffing structures, operating under different regulations and in widely disparate competitive environments.
Although AGRiP member pools share common mission, membership, and basic organizational functions, there is less commonality in terms of organizational structure and local environmental factors.
Be sure to visit all speaker resource links to ensure success.
6. Conference App and Website
All AGRiP conferences are paperless. Access all Fall Educational Forum conference information, schedules and travel details online. Or, use AGRiP's new conference app from your Apple or Android device:
- Search your mobile app store and download "Eventsential"
- Search for "Association of Governmental Risk Pools" within the app
- Scroll until you see the AGRiP logo and name
- Select AGRiP
You will be prompted to set up a profile and set your own password. Contact us for assistance.