The 2018 CEO and Senior Staff Institute is Aug. 5-8, 2018, at the Westin Bayshore Vancouver in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Uniquely designed to meet the needs of pool executives and department heads, the CEO Institute provides a leadership development opportunity to work and learn without pool board members or service providers present. Our CEO-level members routinely tell us this program is by far the most valuable leadership development experience they are afforded.
AGRiP Generational Resident Kim Lear will present core content. An expert in multigenerational workforce dynamics, Lear will provide customized ideas and targeted strategies for public entity pools to:
- Attract employee talent among upcoming generations.
- Retain existing working generations.
- Understand cultural, technological, and diversity forces shaping today’s work environment.
- Successfully manage multigenerational operations.
- Better connect with the changing expectations of pool members, including the new generations of public entity elected and appointed officials.
Additional content will focus exclusively on how pools must adapt to workforce and membership changes brought about by rapid technology innovation and increasing diversity (age, ethnicity, faith, gender).
CONFERENCE APP AND SCHEDULE
To access all Future Focused conference information, schedules, and travel details, use AGRiP’s new conference app:
- Search your mobile app store and download “Eventsential”
- Search for “Association of Governmental Risk Pools” within the app
- Scroll until you see the AGRiP logo and name
- Select AGRiP
- When prompted, set up a profile or log in
- Use the password “AGRiP” to access the CEO Institute schedule
You also can access information online. Follow the Apple link or the Android link to download the app to your computer. By following the “continue on the web” link below the mobile download tabs, you can access the conference website. Contact us if you need assistance.
IMPORTANT TRAVEL DETAILS
Attendees from the United States are required to have a valid passport with at least one blank page and must make special preparations to ensure successful travel to Canada. Details for how to apply for a passport are available from the U.S. Department of State. Passports routinely take 4-6 weeks to be processed. Learn more about how to Get a Passport in a Hurry.
Member Registration: $825 USD for registration by midnight, Saturday, July 14.
Non-Member Registration: $1,145 USD for registration by midnight, Saturday, July 14.
Guest Registration: Guest registration options are available for attendee travel companions, determined on the basis of covering all related food costs. Guests must be registered in order to attend meal(s).
- Full Guest (All conference meal functions): $550 USD
- Sunday Reception Only: $140 USD
- Sunday Reception and Monday Dinner: $255 USD
- Monday Dinner Only: $115 USD
- Monday All Meals: $225 USD
- Tuesday Only: $110 USD
- All Breakfasts (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday): $155 USD
For information about cancellations and substitutions, please refer to the AGRiP Conference Registration Policy.
After you register online for the CEO Institute, you will be sent a confirmation email with information and links to the AGRiP rooming block at the Westin Bayshore Vancouver to make your lodging reservations. Reservations made without the provided link will be outside the negotiated AGRiP block.
If you make hotel reservations before registering for the conference, you are doing so outside of the AGRiP room block and we will not be able to assist you with any hotel changes or needs.
Hotel room rates in the AGRiP lodging block start at $309 CAD per night, plus tax and service fees. Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis and remain available at that rate from Sunday, Aug. 5-Wednesday, Aug. 8. Additional nights are available at regular rates. Rooms reserved within the block include complimentary high speed internet access from Aug. 4-8.
AGRiP never solicits hotel reservations directly via email or phone calls, and we do not employ third-party housing services. If you receive any outreach regarding hotel reservations other than the link provided in response to your conference registration, it is a scam and you should not respond.